- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, well-washed and stemmed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated, not canned
- 3 garlic cloves
- ¼ – ½ cup extra virgin olive oil (more or less depends on preferred consistency)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch red crushed pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ pound Farfalle Pasta, boiled and drained
- More Parmesan for Garnish
- 1/8 cup pine nuts toasted for garnish
Cook ½ pound Farfalle pasta to al dente, drain, lightly coat with olive oil and set aside.
In 350 degree oven toast 1/8 cup pine nuts until lightly golden, set aside. (for garnish)
Place spinach, basil, garlic, salt, pepper, parmesan, red crushed pepper and pine nuts into a food processor and process, slowly steaming in oil until mixture is smooth.
Taste and adjust seasonings if needed, toss with precooked pasta and grated parmesan cheese and toasted pine nuts.