- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 3/4 cup carrot coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 4 oz unsalted butter, melted & cooled
In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, carrots, nuts, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt, and mix thoroughly, breaking up any lumps.
Add the remaining ingredients and mix just until blended. Spoon batter into a greased 8.5×4.5″ loaf pan. Bake at 350F until dark golden brown (about 1 hours). After 20 minutes turn loaf out onto cooling rack and allow to cool completely.