- ½ Cup Long grain white rice
- 1 # Ground Turkey, seasoned and pre-cooked
- 1 Cup Water or vegetable stock
- tt Salt
- 3 Teaspoon Mint, hacher
- 1.5 Teaspoon Lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoon Toasted Pinenuts
- 2 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 – 16 Grape leaves, rinsed, hard stem removed
- ½ Each Yellow onion, emincer
- 2 Lemon Juice
- 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Cook white rice in water with salt: bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover tightly and cook for 15 minutes. Season ground turkey with salt and pepper and cook through and allow to cool. Mix in remaining ingredients up to the grape leaves. Taste and correct seasonings.
Place grape leaves shiny side down; add heaping Tablespoon of rice mix in bottom third of leaf. Roll first 1/3 of grape leaf over rice. Fold in both sides, then continue rolling until tight cigar is formed. Hold with the rolled edge down, so the dolma does not unroll.
Scatter onion over the bottom of a heavy-bottomed pan. Carefully place dolmas on top of onions. Add stock just to halfway up dolmas. Sprinkle bundles with lemon juice and olive oil.
Cover dolmas with a plate to weigh them down. Bring water to a simmer, cover pot and steam for 20 minutes over very low heat. Serve piping hot.