- 5 ears of fresh sweet corn, husk and silk removed (this corn zipper works great)
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, quartered and outer skin removed
- 1 bunch fresh basil, julienned
- 2 – 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
Heat whole corn and quartered ½ red onion on grill until they are cooked and dark grill lines appear on the surface, rotating corn and onions to accomplish this look on all sides. Once this is accomplished allow corn and onions to cool to room temperature. Remove corn kernels from cobb with a sharp knife and dice onions and place in a bowl with halved tomatoes. Add the balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and taste, adjust if needed. Last add the julienned basil and mix gently, taste and adjust salt and pepper again if needed. Dish can be served immediately or chilled whichever is preferred.